Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. That time of year where you can stuff your face with all sorts of yummy food! Jeff and I started off at my parent's house on the morning of Thanksgiving. We got a homemade breakfast to start the day off right.


Then other family started to show up including my adorable niece, Tillie.



I have to say, I just love this picture of him!

Then we played a family game of Joker Poker when my grandparents came. I must say that it is so neat having them close by. For the longest time they lived in Colorado and they just recently moved here to NC. I love getting to spend holidays and other special days with them more frequently now!



Then because we are the Riegel girls, we had to do a photo shoot outside with all of the women:








This is just some of the food at my parent's house. It included: mashed potatoes, yeast bread, turkey, cranberry jelly, mixed vegetable casserole, cheesy green beans and dessert. Notice the cute place settings that my grandma made for us.

Tillie trying her first mashed potatoes:


Our desserts are below. Katie made a fancy apple pie and grandma and grandpa made a chocolate, salted caramel, pecan pie:





We then went to Jeff's parent's house for dinner. Needless to say, we were 
both stuffed! Here are some family pictures from Jeff's side of the family.

Jeff, his brothers, and his cousin:



Jeff's dad, aunts, and cousin:


Our adorably cute nephews:

I think my favorite part about Thanksgiving is getting to spend time with family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)