Skip to main content

Merry Christmas Part 2

After the Christmas Eve service we went back to my parent's house and decorated a gingerbread house:








Tillie and I got some snuggle time:

The next morning we got our annual Christmas PJ pictures:

This year my grandparents got to join us!

Mom wanted a picture with Tillie for her first Christmas:

And here is one with her two grandbabies....

We have a German tradition of finding a hidden pickle in the Christmas tree. While looking I broke an ornament while Lauren found the pickle:


Then it was present time:





Next we went over to Reggie and Korrie's house to spend Christmas morning with Jeff's family:



This year we got the boys books that had their names in them:


Then the boys dressed up in some of their presents:


We then went back to our house and exchanged gifts. Jeff got me this pretty scarf:

After a Christmas nap we went back to Reggie and Korrie's place for a delicious Christmas meal. It was great to celebrate the coming of our savior with family! Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)