Skip to main content

Yard Work

As many of you know, Jeff and I like to have a spring project for our yard. This year we had a new addition to our family, so we got a late start on all of this. This year for mother's day Jeff gave me 2 Hydrangeas.  One is blue and the other is white with pink around the edges. I have wanted Hydrangeas for a long time, so this was a perfect gift for me! My vision was to slowly add flowers to our back yard. Last fall we seeded the backyard making the grass a bigger part of the area. We still had some "natural areas" which is where I was going to put flowers. This is what the backyard looked like:




These were the best pictures I could find of the yard itself after we had it seeded.

So not long after Mother's day comes my birthday. My parents surprised me with many more flowers that I wanted in the back yard! I got 3 more Hydrangeas (these are dark pink), a butterfly bush, and a Peony! We finally got to place them and plant them in the back yard:


Rosemary, Peony, Some plant that looks like a Hosta, butterfly bush, and Hydrangea. There are roses in the back along the fence.

Close up of the beautiful butterfly bush!


My corner of Hydrangea bushes. The two on the outside are the pink ones and the blue and white ones are in the middle. I'll have to post a picture once they start blooming!

I also got some smaller flowers for the pots on our deck. There are little trees in the middle and I'll be able to plant flowers around them for each season! Right under the window you can see my birthday present from Jeff, a patio bench that stores outdoor cushions. I've wanted to get cushions for a while outside so we can enjoy the deck, but I didn't want the rain to ruin them! Now that we have this we can start saving for some pillows! 



Here is a shot of our backyard from the deck now:



Looks way different than when we first moved in:
(all of that in the back was weeds!)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)