Skip to main content

VA Cookout

Jeff's dad set up a cookout in his hometown of Clarksville, VA for many relatives. We were able to go and take Naomi with us. She got to meet many family members at the cookout!

We first stopped by Grandma Christmas' house. I guess we should start calling her Great-Grandma Christmas because of Naomi! It was so precious to see the two of them together!


I then had to get a 4 generation family picture:



This is my favorite picture of the weekend!

Some Aunt Muriel time at the cookout:


It was a gorgeous day to have a cookout!

Some cousin time:


I also got to meet some family members this day that I had never met before! Unfortunately I didn't get any more pictures from this weekend. I need to get better at taking pictures...it's just so much more difficult when you have a baby with you!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)