Skip to main content

Charleston Babymoon Day 1

Jeff and I decided to take one last trip before little Naomi gets here. We found a really good deal on a hotel in Charleston, SC so we decided to go! The first thing we did while we were in Charleston was visit the aquarium. Here are some pictures from that:


This is a salamander behind me-this one is for you Dr. Matthews and Ms.Allen :)


There was an albino Aligator!


One of the aquarium workers asked if we would like to touch a small Alligator and our immediate response was "YES!"



There was this really huge tank at the aquarium and we showed up right at feeding time!





Outside of the aquarium we got some great pictures of the water:




For dinner we went to a restaurant called Poogan's Porch. It was in an old Charleston house decorated beautifully.

They served southern food so I got fried chicken with gravy and pimento cheese coleslaw.

Jeff got steak, grits, shrimp, and asparagus.

The food and service at this restaurant was great; I highly recommend it to anyone that visits Charleston if you like true southern food!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Sun

We started our study of Space with the Sun. We first read Genesis 1:14-19 and talked about how God created the Sun and the Moon. We then watched this very cute video made by Story Bots. If you haven't seen this show on Netflix, I highly recommend it! I ordered this book off of Amazon and we read the portions about the sun together. Next we read a poem about the sun and they colored a picture of the sun. For Math, we sorted pictures of the Sun, Moon, and Earth. Naomi and Isaiah took turns counting how many of each object we had. Isaiah continued counting, while Naomi started to add. How many Suns and Moons are there? How many Moons and Earths are there? Very cute activity that you can find here .  For phonics Naomi and I played this game to practice CVC words. We each drew 5 cards and tried to find a place to put them that made an actual word. We were able to play this game a couple of times! I was very surprised at how much fun Naomi had playing this! When we were finished playing...