Skip to main content

Charleston #2

On our second day in Charleston we visited Magnolia Plantation. This is the house:



The really neat part about this house was the gardens around it. There were so many pretty parts!






We got to tour the inside of the house, but no pictures were allowed. Needless to say it was gorgeous and had a lot of historical decor in it. We got to learn about the family that owned/owns the house and the history of how the house has changed over the years.

We had an hour to kill before our next tour so we went to the petting zoo. A deer walked right up to Jeff and ate out of his hand:



Then we took a tour of the whole plantation on a 'trolley'. Our tour guide told us more about the history of the plantation.




We actually got to see an alligator!



Next Jeff and I walked around downtown and visited some of the shops. For dinner we went to a seafood place named Fish. Jeff got grouper with dumplings and potatoes. Jeff said this was probably one of the best fish dishes he had ever eaten!


I got a sampling platter for dinner. It included grilled goat cheese sandwich, duck, pork, and lamb. 

We did the same thing for dessert where we picked 4 mini desserts to try. I picked cranberry cobbler with blood orange sherbet and a apple cider doughnut hole. Jeff chose bacon cheesecake and a cream puff.

This restaurant had a great atmosphere and delicious food! Our trip to Charleston was a great couple days of relaxing and enjoying hanging out together. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Sun

We started our study of Space with the Sun. We first read Genesis 1:14-19 and talked about how God created the Sun and the Moon. We then watched this very cute video made by Story Bots. If you haven't seen this show on Netflix, I highly recommend it! I ordered this book off of Amazon and we read the portions about the sun together. Next we read a poem about the sun and they colored a picture of the sun. For Math, we sorted pictures of the Sun, Moon, and Earth. Naomi and Isaiah took turns counting how many of each object we had. Isaiah continued counting, while Naomi started to add. How many Suns and Moons are there? How many Moons and Earths are there? Very cute activity that you can find here .  For phonics Naomi and I played this game to practice CVC words. We each drew 5 cards and tried to find a place to put them that made an actual word. We were able to play this game a couple of times! I was very surprised at how much fun Naomi had playing this! When we were finished playing...