Skip to main content

Spring Flowers


We finally planted some flowers in our dirt pit! Here is a before picture to re-jog your memory:


Here is the after:



We first went to a garden store completely lost. A wonderful lady helped us plan what flowers would look good around our dirt pit. Once it warmed up we were able to buy and plant all the flowers we picked out. Because it was a nice day when we planted...the bunny joined us:

Here is an in-progress picture: 

The bag on our sidewalk is very important for North Carolina. When we dug holes to plant our flowers we got a ton of clay. Most plants don't thrive in clay so we got some soil conditioner. Basically you dig a hole, mix the soil conditioner with the clay, plant the flower. Then you mix the soil conditioner with the dirt and put around the rest of the hole and plant roots. So far this has really worked because all of our flowers are doing really well!

Here is a picture of one of the flowers that is currently in bloom: Cheddar Pinks. I really like them!

Up next, mulch!




Ahhh....so pretty! The good thing is that all these flowers are perennials, so they'll come back each year! Still...I have to say going from this:

to this:


Is sooo much better!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)