Skip to main content

Mulch and Trees


 As I've told you all before--my father-in-law is a master of power tools! So he came up this past weekend to help Jeff and me with our yard. One job we wanted to get done was knocking down some trees and limbs. He brought this very cool weed eater attachment that turned it into a mini-chainsaw.


After cutting down limbs and tree stumps we had to trim the branches so we could trash them.

As you can see...we cut down a LOT! We got rid of a total of 3 trees and several tree limbs. 

Thankfully my father-in-law let us use his truck so we could take all of these limbs to the dump.

Here's a before and after-picture of our back yard. It looks so much bigger than I ever thought it could!




Eventually some more trees will be gone...we got some tree cutting people to come out and give us an estimate. So that rose bush will be moved and the tree behind it will be cut down eventually. Then the pine in the very back (that is dead) will be going bye-bye as well. Next in the fall we're going to extend the yard so that we have more than 2 feet of grass in the back. One day we'll get tired of all this yard work...but until then-bring on the projects! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)