Skip to main content

Wreath

My wonderful mother let me use her glue gun to start my spring wreath (since I killed mine making my last crafty project). I got my idea for this wreath from this site.  First I gathered my supplies: 1 yard of burlap (3 strips and the rest in sqares), a glue gun, and a foam wreath.
Next I wrapped the strips around the wreath and hot glued it into place. Then I took the squares, folded them up, and glued them to the wreath. The original blogger did a much better job explaining, so if you want to make one be sure to check it out.
The original blogger used pins to push in the pieces of burlap, but I hot glued them. Let me tell you, I got MANY burns on my fingers. About half way through this project I was wishing I had used pins instead. Once I had finally gone all the way around the wreath I needed to make some flowers to brighten it up. I cut strips of colored fabric, folded it in half, and glued it. Then I cut slits in the fabric, rolled it up, and presto-a flower!


I made 4 flowers for the wreath and tried to match one to the color of our door. I think I got pretty close:
To finish it off, I tied a yellow bow at the top. Here is the finished product:


After 3 1/2 hours of crafting our door is all ready for spring!

Comments

  1. Yayyyy!!!! It turned out so stinkin' cute! Glad I could provide a little inspiration for ya! It looks great! Happy Spring! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)