Skip to main content

Craft Day

Brittany, Anna, and me decided to have a craft day. We quickly found out that we were a deadly combination in craft stores! We ended up spending most of our time shopping, and not actually crafting. Once we were finally finished shopping, we headed to Brittany's house to work on our crafts for the day!


Brittany was making some picture frames. She made one with a monogram for her and her husband. She also made two frames with her dog's paw prints in them. They turned out way cute!

Anna made several closet things. Here you can see her baskets to hold hats and other supplies. She had a little bit of yellow popping through, it looked really cute! She also made a shelf to hold belts, some letters that spelled out 'dress' to hang in her closet, a crate to hold towels, and a smaller crate to hold toilet paper. She sent me some pictures of the finished product and it all looks so good! She is quite a creative person!

One thing I made was some picture frames for our fridge. I of course had to paint them orange to match the rest of the kitchen. Then I taped pictures to them and added a magnet to the back. I also got some green frames to add another splash of color.


My other project was making a plaque with a Bible verse on it. I started painting the background of the wood a light tan color.


Then I used my Cricut to cut out letters to see what size I needed and where each word would go.


I then cut out the same words in vinyl and used contact paper to transferred it to the wood.


Next I painted the whole wooden plaque with a dark brown spray paint.


I let the paint dry for a day before attempting to take of the vinyl. Once it was dry I used tweezers to peel off the letters.


Here is the finished product. I need to do a little touch up on some of the letters where the dark brown spray paint bled through.


Once I find a good place to hang this, I'll upload a picture of it hanging on the wall. All in all we had a pretty productive craft day with some really great outcomes!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)