Skip to main content

Cat Cakes

My baby sister's (Anna) birthday was a couple of weeks ago. We have a family tradition of coming together for a family meal to celebrate birthdays. Of course my wonderful dad cooked a fantastic meal.We are quite spoiled by my dads good cooking skills! The other tradition is that the birthday girl gets to pick the food that is served for her birthday.  Anna chose to have steak, veggie casserole, mashed potatoes, and Cinnabons. It was absolutely delicious and not at all good for us!

Ever since Anna was little I've made her birthday cake. I don't know how this started, but I quite enjoy making a fun cake every January. In the past I've always made a cake to match what Anna was interested in that year. This year was the year of cats. If she could, she would have my parents house filled to the ceiling with cats that needed homes. So of course, I HAD to make a cat cake. Now....if you look closely I tried to make it look like her cat "Schmu" with a 'mole' above his lip.
And of course the special birthday girl had to blow out candles on her cat cake. I can't believe that my baby sister is 19 years old! I love you Anna! :)



Comments

  1. We do that tradition as well! We make birthdays a big special occasion in our family too! Makes it more fun! :) Love the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)