Skip to main content

Naomi's Baby Shower

We already had our BBQ, which was just a fun little cook-out/get-together for some friends and so my sister and mom threw me a baby shower! It was so sweet of them to do this and boy did they out-do themselves! They threw a book themed shower, yes I'm a teacher...and it was absolutely perfect! They had all of the food matched up with a children's book:


My mom actually found real green eggs!








They also had a crafty table where everyone got to make Naomi a wooden alphabet block.



I now have all of the blocks in the nursery and they are so cute! I love that she'll get to play with these later and that so many loved ones created something so special for her!


There were also two other games. One where you couldn't say the word baby...which I am horrible at games like this! The other one was guessing how many kisses were in a jar (with a book to go along with it too!)



Katie was able to come and little Tillie was a hit at the party too!


I like these next couple of pictures because you can see the Peter Rabbit decorations that were up in the windows. You can also see the book garland that they made to go around the room.


Then it was present time. Because it was a book themed baby shower everyone brought a book to help build Naomi's library. The sweetest part about this was that they wrote a note to her on the inside cover of the book. I LOVE this because she'll get to read notes from loved ones for years to come (notes that were written before she was even born!). We also got several adorable outfits (girl clothes are so cute) and several other baby necessities!



Look at all of the books!

We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives! Thank you all for the generous gifts!



Two of my good friends from college and work, Anna and Brittany.

Ashley was introduced to me by Jeff (they went to high school together) and she came down all the way from Winston Salem!

These are the lovely ladies that have to put up with me every day- Amy, Tara, and Linda (Tara's mom who comes into school and is basically our TA).

This is Christine, one of Jeff's work friends, that is also having a baby soon!

These are some good friends from Bible Study: Susan, Ann, and Wendy.


Grandma!

Aunt Korrie

This is Jeff's cousin, LaCoya, who is one month ahead of me in her pregnancy. 


Great Aunt T-tee and Great Aunt Muriel


Thank you to everyone that came to the shower! It was such a blessing to have you there and to have some time together before Naomi joins our family!




Comments

  1. It looks like the baby shower was a very lovely event. Loved the food and decorations and specially liked the idea of having everyone make an alphabet block for Naomi. I also attended my sister’s baby shower a few days ago at one of the amazing New York venues and my sister was showered with a lot of gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)