Skip to main content

Pregnancy update


Here are the Hester pregnancy updates. This is a LOT more difficult to keep up with than I originally thought it would be!


This week was a great week because we got to see our little one again on the screen. We definitely have a wiggly little one! We also learned that we are at the lowest risk for any birth defect, which was great to hear!



You'll have to excuse the blurriness of this picture. I was feeling really good for two weeks because I didn't have to go into work because of track-out. After getting scolded for painting the baby's bathroom, my handy-dandy father-in-law came up to pain the actual bedroom. It looks GREAT! Now all we need to do is get the furniture and decorate!


Now that I'm back at work I am exhaused almost every day. Teaching really takes a tole on my body! A lot of exciting thing have happened since the last picture for us. 1-We got to feel the baby move! This was the wildest, weirdest, and coolest thing I have ever experienced. I've felt babies move before on other people's tummies, but it is completely different to feel it on the inside! 2-I am NO longer lactose intolerant!! That's right folks, it went away! Praise God! When we went to the fair I forgot to bring my lactate pills with me. I decided, well we only get to go once a year I'll deal with tummy issues later because I want some bad for you food! Guess what, I didn't get sick! So the next day I got brave and tried to eat 3 pieces of cheese and I didn't get sick! I gradually added dairy back into my diet because I was still a little nervous, but everything is good! I can now eat all the milk, butter, cheese, and CHEESE that I want! 4-We got to go to some friends' Great Gatsby themed house warming party. I dressed up as a flapper (with a little belly) and Jeff was a gangster from the 20s. We had a lot of fun hanging out with some really great people all dressed up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Sun

We started our study of Space with the Sun. We first read Genesis 1:14-19 and talked about how God created the Sun and the Moon. We then watched this very cute video made by Story Bots. If you haven't seen this show on Netflix, I highly recommend it! I ordered this book off of Amazon and we read the portions about the sun together. Next we read a poem about the sun and they colored a picture of the sun. For Math, we sorted pictures of the Sun, Moon, and Earth. Naomi and Isaiah took turns counting how many of each object we had. Isaiah continued counting, while Naomi started to add. How many Suns and Moons are there? How many Moons and Earths are there? Very cute activity that you can find here .  For phonics Naomi and I played this game to practice CVC words. We each drew 5 cards and tried to find a place to put them that made an actual word. We were able to play this game a couple of times! I was very surprised at how much fun Naomi had playing this! When we were finished playing...