Skip to main content

Painting The Baby Room


When we moved into this house we knew we would eventually have to paint because the paint job here was so horrible. First of all they used that awful builder's grade paint. As soon as you touch it or rub against it, there is a permanent mark. Secondly they did a horrible job of actually paining. There were drip marks, holes in the wall, and uneven paint strokes. We decided to keep the room a tan color and picked out a tan that is a little darker than the current color. Here are the before pictures:

If you look closely you can see the horrible paint job. That is not your computer folks, that's what the wall really looks like!

Another shot of the uneven paint.


Isn't this pretty folks?



Here is the bathroom. This is actually where I started painting because I figured I could do this small area on my own. 

More blotchy paint.

First I sanded the walls since there were so many paint drips from the previous paint job. Then spackled, waited, sanded some more, and put painter's tape up. Next was the fun part--painting!

This is a picture while I was in the middle of paining. The paint is actually darker than this when it dries, but you can tell the quality of the paint is so much better!

The finished bathroom! Doesn't it look so much better! No holes in the wall, no drip marks, no horrible paining strokes left, just beautifully painted tan walls!


After getting reprimanded by my mother, mother-in-law, and father-in-law I am not going to paint the bedroom. Thankfully my wonderful father-in-law has volunteered to paint the room for Jeff and me! After all the painting is completed then we can move in the furniture that Reggie and Korrie have saved for us. Next comes the fun part for me: Using Pinterest to decorate the room! We'll keep you updated as the baby room starts coming together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)