Skip to main content

Girl's beach week

Every summer my sisters and I have taken a beach trip. It's a tradition that was started because we started to get older and we wanted to stay close. Thus, sister beach trip was born. Well...this year it turned into a girls' beach weekend because Mom came! 

Because Lauren was pregnant we dug some holes so she could get some sun on her back:
\




We went to Atlantic beach, thank you in-laws! The sand was nice an pretty white and the ocean was sparkling and clear! We were supposed to have bad weather for about 3 days, but it was nice and sunshiny the whole time!

Anna and I went looking for seashells...and boy were there a TON!

While looking for shells we found a sea slug. It caught our eyes because it was bright blue and purple.








We also found a washed up jelly fish:



Before we left we stopped for lunch at the ONLY restaurant that was open for lunch. Thankfully it was DELICIOUS!


This was our view during our last lunch:

We had a ton of fun relaxing, spending time with each other, and enjoying the beach!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)