Skip to main content

1 Year Anniversary!

I cannot believe that it's been a whole year since Jeff and I got married! We've had a wonderful first year of marriage and have been so blessed by God. We did many fun things to celebrate this momentous occasion! First we went to the NC State and Florida State Football game. We have some terrific friends who have season passes and couldn't make it to this game, so they gave them to us! It worked out perfectly as an anniversary date! We enjoyed lemonade, pretzels, and some other game food. This was also a great game to watch!! There was so much yelling and shouting after NC State won!
 
 
 

 
 
This same weekend we were able to go to Flemming's Steak House for our anniversary dinner. Thanks to my wonderful in laws we got a gift certificate here because that is where we had our rehearsal dinner. SO YUMMY! I got their chicken and Jeff, of course, got some steak.
 
 
 
 

 
Thank you Flemmings, you make delicious food!
 

On the actual day of our anniversary we took an anniversary picture. We're going to continue this tradition because it will kind of show a window back to our wedding day.
 

For dinner I made homemade chicken marsala with sauteed asparagus. YUM! I think this is our favorite meal. And of course, we had to use our pretty china to eat this meal on!


 
We also had some cake! The cake on the left is a NEW cake that we had made for our anniversary. The cake on the right is the year OLD cake that has been in the freezer for way to long. We wanted to play it safe, which is why we got a back up cake. We first shared a slice of the original wedding cake....surprisingly it was actually yummy! It did have a hint of freezer burn, but overally pretty tasty considering it spent a year frozen!
 
 
As you can tell, we liked the new cake better than the year old one. 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)