Skip to main content

Week with Katie

 
Because of school track out I was able to go and spend a week with my sister in Clemmons. The first fun activity of the week was visiting the Dixie Classic Fair in Winston Salem. We were able to go with Wil's parents and niece too!

Wil and I enjoyed some fair corn.

Wil got a Krispy Kreme Burger. He actually attracted quite a crowd with this burger.
 
I love this picture because Hailey is showing exactly what I was thinking. While Wil was eating the burger, she covered her eyes. Too funny!

Katie got some funnel cake...and shared some with me :)

We found some Pumpkin funnel cake and a pumpkin caramel apple. I was in pumpkin world! I didn't get any pumpkin funnel cake here, I decided I'd get some at the State fair in a couple of weeks.
 
Katie with her two giant bags of cotton candy.

I really enjoyed my first trip to the Dixie Classic fair!
 
 
After the fair Katie and I had a craft day. Here are some of the fun pictures from our crafty time:
 


 

 


 
 
 I had a lot of fun haning out with Katie this week! Yay for sister time! :)
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)