Skip to main content

Panama City!!!

I've been on what seems like to Jeff a constant vacation since I've tracked out of school. It's been great! This past week my mom, Lauren, Anna, and I went to Panama Beach, Florida. My Great Aunt Bobbi has a beach house there and she was kind enough to have us down for a WHOLE WEEK! After spending 12+hours in a car traveling there we definitely had to go in the water. It was crystal clear water! Absolutely beautiful! Here are some 'Thank goodness we're out of that car' pictures:




That night my Aunt Bobbi taught us a good cooking trick. My mom was making her famous lemon chicken, but she couldn't find anything to flatten the chicken. So-cheap trick-use a water bottle that is full. It actually worked quite well!


The rest of the week we played in the water EVERY day! This was a common sight though:
Anna very frequently got creeped out by the critters that were in the water.


We went snorkeling to find some very perfectly whole sea shells


These were the fish that swam by the shore. They loved to swim around your feet and they kept following us! This is the biggest reason that Anna and myself (at times) climbed on other people.


There was seaweed that was floating all over in the water. If you moved it quickly enough, you could see the fish that lived in that seaweed. The neat thing is that these fish look just like the leaves on the seaweed, they camouflaged perfectly!

There were also jellyfish...but don't worry-they were REALLY far out. I only got a picture because we had a kayak.


Forth of July fun:

My Aunt Bobbi's neighbor let us borrow his kayak. We had so much fun looking at all of the critters below the water.


One night we went out so that everyone could get some seafood (and I could get some chicken of course! :)  )


This picture is just to show how beautiful my youngest sister is. Granted all of my sisters are beautiful, but this is a really good picture of Anna:

My mom spent HOURS snorkeling. She was so cute swimming out there for hours on end watching sea life and finding A LOT of really neat shells.

We had SO much fun with Aunt Bobbi! Thank you SOOOO much for letting us crash with you for a whole week! :)

I love my family and had a great time with you ladies in Panama City!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)