Skip to main content

Pregnancy Walk

Last weekend Jeff and I participated in a walk to support First Choice of Wake Forest. Thanks so some of you Jeff and I raised over $250 total! We participated in this walk with our Sunday School group:


This was a very interesting walk. They had 'obsticales' set up for us to go through. They were obstacles that pregnant women face once they find out they are pregnant. The 'obstical' below was one just for men. They guys in our group had to weave in and out of 81 boxes. There were two men in our group that had double strollers while doing this. It was quite impressive watching them weave with these in their hands!

The point of this was to illustrate the sad statistic below:


We had a lot of fun woalking with some dear friends and learning more about this great organization!


On another topic: About two weeks ago Jeff and I took on the project of staining our deck. Here are the before pictures:



After one night of staining, we ran out of stain! Here is the half-way point:



This weekend Jeff and I finally got around to finishing the project!



I think it looks a lot better! And now our deck is protected from weathering as bad as before! If you can tell from the picture Jeff's parents brought us a round metal table for our deck. We painted it dark brown so it would match the rest of the deck. Thank you so much! We've already got some good use out of it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)