Skip to main content

Valentine's Day Will Make Me Gain 100 Pounds!

February brings many treats my way because of this holiday known as Valentine’s Day! Now, to normal people that don't work in schools...I think your experience with this holiday may be different. It's a day of love. A day to tell people in your life that you love them. A day to give special gifts to friends and family to show them how much they're loved.
 If you work in a school, you know my dilemma. Valentine's to Elementary aged kids consists of giving Valentines to friends, family, and TEACHERS. I loved seeing how excited my kids got this year while they were handing out their valentines to classmates. It was even cuter seeing their faces when they brought me a special treat. I think the cutest Valentine this year was one little adorable boy in my class brought Maddi (our bunny) in a Valentine's card with a bag of carrots attached to it! My class is so cute! Below is a picture of most of all of the treats I got on Tuesday.


Now can you see my problem? So many delicious treats that were brought in. Lindt truffles, Godiva chocolate bars, cupcakes, chocolates, and so much more. I've been desperately trying to get on a good workout schedule to shed some pounds. I think my workouts for the next couple of days will be just to not gain any weight! It's bad that I have such a sweet tooth, but how can you say no to all of these delicious treats?

Besides the candy portion of Valentine's Day, Jeff cooked us a super delicious meal. We found this cute little spice shop up near the school and found a great tasting spice that would be great on chicken and steak! So Jeff grilled steak for himself, a piece of chicken for me, asparagus, and cooked sweet potatoes. Am I spoiled or what? For dessert I made strawberry shortcake topped with strawberries, chocolate, and whipped cream. Yummy!




This still is not all! During my planning time on Wednesday someone from the office brought me a little box. Inside were SEVERAL chocolate covered apples and strawberries that my Dad had sent to me! He's such a sweet dad!


So...if you ever have a sweet tooth, you are more than welcome to come over to my house! I would be more than happy to share some of my goodies with you! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Parade

Because I'm a sucker for parades so we took Naomi to her first Christmas parade! It was a very nice day out! We tried Naomi's sunglasses on her...but they didn't stay on long! Every time a band passed Naomi was completely enthralled in them! Future band nerd in the making! :)

Bunny

About a year ago I got a bunny as my classroom pet. I have wanted a Netherland Dwarf bunny for quite some time because of their cute ears and they stay small. Small bunny = perfect for classoom life. So after the beloved Max (my old guinea pig) left us, I knew now was the time to get a bunny! Thank goodness my sister Anna looks on Craigs List all the time for animals because she actually found a Netherland Dwarf Bunny that was up for adoption! YAY! I got her a couple of days after I found the post and was so excited. The kids decided to name her Maddi after a character in the book Fever 1793 . If you like historical fiction books,  you should check it out because it's really good! Little did I know that bunnies are full of personality! On her first day home she bit me 3 times and got me 2 times with her nails. Good thing is now she likes me (most of the time) and is much more friendly! She lets the kids in the class pet her and feed her. She also hops around the classroom....

Seeing Santa

There is a fun farm in the area called Hill Ridge Farm. They have a really fun Christmas light show during this time of year. Santa is also there! We waited in line for 1 hour to see Santa! By that time Naomi was tired (it was 8:00) and ready for bed! Santa and Naomi snuggled for a little bit and Santa said thanks for giving him a break :) We definitely learned that next year we need to visit before the last weekend before Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't see the light show, maybe next year! :)